Directions from Amelia Island - Off Coastal AIA South
Where to meet for the Fort George Tours
The Ribault Club
Fort George Island Visitor Center
Fort George Island Cultural State Park
11241 Fort George Road
Jacksonville, FL 32226
- Take A1A South/First Coast Highway to the George Crady Bridge over Nassau Sound.
- Follow A1A South 10.4 miles from the beginning of this Bridge, passing by entrances for Big and Little Talbot Island State Parks and past Huguenot Memorial Park. Turn right on Fort George Road at brown sign for "Fort George Island -Kingsley Plantation-Ribault Club."
- Proceed 1.8 miles on Fort George Road bearing right at the mid-way fork with the gray sign for 1928 Ribault Club. Stay on the paved section of the road, past the church, and up to the Ribault Club Visitor Center. Parking lot is on the left, across the road from The Ribault Club.
- From Southern End of Amelia Island, please allow 35 minutes for comfortable travel time.
- From Downtown, please allow 45 minutes for comfortable travel time.
- Please plan to arrive a few minutes ahead of your tour time. Sorry, we are unable to wait for late arrivals.
Helpful Landmarks: 4 miles past Kayak Amelia, off A1A South.
(Note: The parking lot for St. Johns River Ferry to Mayport is 0.6 miles south of the Park's entrance, off Heckscher Drive/105. If you see this, you've gone a little too far) Caution! Be sure you don't mistakenly go in the direction of A1A North to Yulee and I-95. It's the wrong way.